Monday, June 1, 2009

Rain, Rain GO AWAY.....

....come again another day!!

For the last two weeks we have had afternoon thunderstorms that just won't quit. That's great for my new garden I just planted, but it's not so great when the kids can't go out to play. This past weekend we had a visitor, Andrew Williams, Dayson's friend from the police academy. He came just in time to watch Clayton's baseball game. It was a long game and it was a really cold night. The next morning Dayson, Andrew and the boys went fishing at Becker Lake. They didn't catch anything and had to leave early to be back for Clayton's game at 10:30. We then headed up to Big Lake for an afternoon drive and of course it was raining. There were even some snow flurries falling our windshield. I wished I would have taken some pictures of our day trip. Later that evening we went out to dinner with my sister Rita and her husband John and their daughters Cammie and Christie. Chritie's boyfriend Paul was also there. It was fun being with just the adults, and again I wished I would have taken a picture of our dinner date.

Thanks Andrew for coming and staying with us. Our family had a lot of fun and can't wait for you to visit again.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I'm with ya! I'm glad for the rain, but I'm so tired of being cold! I want to wear shorts, but it's just to dang cold! Sounds like you had a fun weekend anyways!
You guys did great on your talks yesterday! Now we can both know our turns are over, huh?

Kelly Inman said...

It looks like you sent the rain to my house. I'm kind of glad though so I don't have to go water my garden.

Mandy said...

What are we going to do with all these cold, boring days! Lets go on a picnic one of these days. HEy it's June but we can take our winter jackets along! At least we can get outta the house!