Every Christmas our family decorated an artificial tree. Last year I threw away our pre-lit tree because most of the lights went out. So this year we decided to cut down our very own tree. We drove about 10 minutes up the road towards Big Lake and started our hunt. After making three stops we finally decided on a tree. It was freezing cold and was starting to snow. The mountain already had a ground cover of snow on it which made it "funner" to find a tree. After a few kids tripping and crying we knew that this was definitely our new family tradition! We had such a good time, at least I did. Adam didn't want to leave the snow and the boys wanted to find something to shoot. The girls just wanted to get back in the car and go home.
The tree on the right is the one we quickly chose
9 comments:
We started that tradition last year and it was SO fun. Amy and I actually dug up a tree by hand. Ask her about it sometime. You guys look like you had a lot of fun.
I'm glad you had fun and it looks like you picked a good one! We bought a fake tree a few years after we got married because we decided it was necessary in order to save our marriage. That was the only time we would ever fight... I was too picky and Brian only had about 4 hours worth of patience before it ran out. It almost always took us a whole day to find the "perfect" tree. Our fake tree is the best investment we ever made! :*)
Kim what a fun tradition and it is so close. You are always good at enjoying the simple spontaneous moments in life. Love your family miss you. Lets get together during the holidays!
That looks like so much fun! It's awesome that you can go just 10 min. down the road and cut down your own Christmas tree. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!!
That's awesome!! Looks like fun. We used to go every year. Lots of good memories.
HOW Stinkin fun!!! That is definitely a good fam tradition. Your kids will cherish it when they are older...SO MUCH FUN!!!
What fun that the whole family was involved. It was great to see you and your family at the party!
What a fun tradition to start! And how nice that you get to drive ten minutes to chop your own fresh tree!
You guys are having way too much fun up there in RoundValley! Your cute kids, I love checkin out your blog. I am going to start commenting now....k....I always think things but now it's time to say em'
Post a Comment