Thursday, June 14, 2012

MacKenzie's 8th Birthday


MacKenzie turned 8 years old on June 10th. It landed on a Sunday so the night before we took her out for her special day. She first opened a present from Harly and got this super cute headband!


 


Kenzie chose Dairy Queen for her special place. She was so excited to get a blizzard but wanted to take it home to show it off to her brothers and sisters!



Sunday morning came and she could hardly wait to open her presents! 

First she opened up her BB gun....the usual 8 year old birthday present!


Her first set of scriptures with her name engraved and a cute scripture case!

After church we went up the mountain to sing "Happy Birthday" and shoot our BB gun's. 


Aarron shooting the balloons we brought...it sounded really cool. After it was popped it made a loud sound that echoed thru the woods and sounded like a rifle was shot!

Carson and Harly helping light the candle


After eating cupcakes and ice cream we played a game of softball/T ball/baseball!

Harly up to bat

Clayton pitching and Carson playing outfield

Adam's turn to hit....he likes to hit the T and whisper, "hey batter batter, hey batter batter"...than he swings!


He' off to first!

Home Run!





Tuesday night was her interview with the Bishop... when he called her back to his office she said, "come on Mom". But I told her she had to go by herself...silly girl!
We can't wait for MacKenzie to be baptized this Saturday with most of our family coming to town!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

She's such a cutie. I can't believe she's 8 already. I forgot to ask you what I can do to help with her baptism on Saturday... call me!

Kristie said...

Happy birthday cute MacKenzie! I love the pink bb gun and what a fun birthday. Excited to see you guys this weekend! :)