Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sister's Trip & Santa's Lap

Grandpa's Birthday

My Grandpa Wellman celebrated his 90th Birthday on December 3rd. So my sister's and I drove down to Phoenix for a girls weekend. We had a slumber party at my mom's house and went Christmas shopping all day. We had the birthday dinner at Bill Johnson's with the grandkids and their spouses.  My grandpa doesn't remember us much anymore, but he still has his sense of humor.


My dad is the only surviving child in his family. His twin sister Rita passed away at birth.  His brother Bruce died about 8 months after my sister Deanna died. My grandmother passed away when I was only six or seven years old.  

They have the same ears!

This is my dad's side of the family

This is Bruce's side of the family
 Between the two boys my Grandpa has 17 grandkids and 70 something great grandkids! That's pretty good for only having two kids yourself!

Santa

While I was in Phoenix for the party, our ward had a Pajama Breakfast Christmas Party. The kids sat on Santa's lap and told him what they wanted.

Adam wants a dinosaur

Daycee wants a microphone

Aarron wants an X Box

MacKenzie wants an MP3 Player

Harly wants a camera

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I'm sad we missed the Christmas party. I'm also sad that I'm done having kids young enough to sit on Santa's lap. :(

It looks like it was a fun weekend for your Grandpa's birthday. I hope I get that many grandkids and great grandkids someday! That would be so fun!