Every night ends with my nerves about to
explode! While watching American Idol with my kids there was a McDonald's commercial on and it was about a big brother and a baby brother. The big brother shared everything with his baby brother and played with him. The mom took the older boy to McDonald's by himself for a treat. While the dad stayed home with the baby. As they returned home dad and baby were waiting in the window with big smiles and big brother was excited for his time alone with mom. This is a very cute commercial. After it was over my second oldest son Carson said, "How come our family can't be happy like that". I tried to come up with every excuse and say because you kids don't listen or you fight with each other, you mess up the house and so on.. Later that night I was talking to Dayson on the phone about how bad the kids are and that I can't take it anymore and I'm always in a bad mood. I went to bed crying to my Heavenly Father to help me have more patience with my kids. I started reading blogs by some of my friends this morning and on one blog she had mentioned her friend who had been dealing with some hard things in life but was doing great. She said she had changed her attitude about life. This was a big lesson for me. It's not at all my kids fault that our family isn't happy. It's because of my attitude. I've decided to change my attitude and love my kids no matter what. It shouldn't matter if my husband is gone durning the week or my five year old acts like a sixteen year old. The way I live reflects on my children and their happiness. So today, I PLEDGE ( I know this is dorky) to be a happy and loving mom to my kids!
I am going to have a new attitude.
I love you Dayson and miss you very much!
9 comments:
Hey Kim! I had to tell you...have you ever read the blog "seriously so blessed?" Well I guess it is a spoof on Mormon Moms blogs. I made the mistake of reading it and getting all butt hurt about it. Then I've been reading a lot of other blogs, peoples comments, and blah blah blah and I swear it was making me crazy! One girl said that blogs are fairytales and that Mormon Moms are self righteous and live in a bubble, etc, and I had just had enough! YOUR blog is NOT all complaining as a matter of fact I was so proud of you when the other day, when you felt like your house was a mess, you DID something about it!! You cleaned it up and you felt better and I was like "you go girl!" I just cannot stand when people sit there and complain that their life is so sucky and that everyone else has a better life than them, when I just want to say well then go do something about it!!! The only thing is, is that you are right. Our kids DO need to see that we had hard days, because we all do, and I don't want them to grow up having troubles and wondering "what's wrong with me?" So- that will be my next post I guess................ oh and by the way HAVE A GREAT DAY!! You are so awesome and I adore you!!! :)
"Shes got a new attitude"! Remember that song? You go girl!
Here's a quote I LOVE and truly believe.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
~Abe Lincoln
Love ya, good luck! Lori
Kim - don't worry... I don't know a single family where the kids don't say the EXACT same thing! My kids are fighting like cats and dogs these days and I end up getting snippy with them more than I would like to admit. I can imagine the stress you are under right now with 7 kids under the age of 12 and a husband 4 hours away all week long. I know I would be exhausted! You shouldn't be so hard on yourself because from what I can see you are a SUPER mom and you have WAY more patience than I do!
I have an hour to kill tomorrow night while I wait for Trayser at scouts... do you want to get out for a little bit and run around with me? I could bring Kaeli with me to get your kids ready for bed if you want... Call me if you think you would like too!
You know I am right there with ya. We have had talk after talk about this stuff. And I too am trying to change my attitude about everything!! We moms have to stick together!
Kim I am so grateful that you are going through this right now. I know that sounds mean but I know I will need a person to lean to when my husband enters into the Air Force for three months of training away from me. So I am grateful that I get to talk to you for advice. I would never know you were having such a hard time because everytime I talk to you you bring a smile to my face!!!!!! Love you sis and miss you!! Tomorrow is another day to start new!
You crack me up! Girl you are great mommy and I know your family is happy! Your family is normal and you are totally normal! Those negative feelings are natural.. and just like you said.. it is a choice on our attitude on how we are going to deal with life! Hang in there you are amazing!
Oh, and tell Clayton and Carson good job on their games saturday and good luck for tomorrow!
I'm a friend of Cindy's and hopped over to your blog. You seem like an awesome person who has an insurmountable task in her life: 7 kids. Well- insurmountable alone. Which ties in your husband being gone. So- I guess what I'm saying is insurmountable without the God that created them. Remember that you are a co-parent with Him and that your Savior experienced all of their emotions already so He can be better there for them. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are human and not expected to act immortal. From your photos you actually seem really really put together (a difficult feat for any mom who is trying). Sorry so long from a stranger... but keep it up. New attitude and all- just be proud of yourself and let go of the rest!
LOVE IT! I look at all my babies when they are sleeping and think I'll be better tomorrow and have more Patenice. Yeah right when the crying starts first thing in the morning becuase I made the wrong breakfast or someone is sitting in "their seat" all bets are off. We'll try agin tomorrow. I love reading your blog and not being the only one who is frustrated with fighting, crying, not listening kids but stil loving them!
If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! Isn't that saying so true? It's so hard to be patient all the time, especially when kids are so demanding and so whiny! And it's double hard when your husband is gone so often- I totally know how that feels! I think you're a great mom, though and your kids are adorable.
Post a Comment