Thursday March 19th, Clayton & Carson both had their last basketball games. They were at the same time in different locations so I had to miss half of Clayton's. But both games were very exciting down to the end. Carson's team won 14 -11 and Carson made two baskets. Clayton's team won 9-8 and Clayton made one basket. Both of their teams are undefeated this year. What a great season for both boys, I just wish their dad was there to cheer them on.
Earlier that day MacKenzie had "transportation day" at her pre-school. They were supposed to make a locomotive out of cardboard. This is what we came up with. I'm sure if Dayson was doing the project he would have been a lot more creative. Oh well, this will have to do. She loved her car so much that she literally wore it out after school and it was falling apart.
MacKenzie's nickname is "Crazy Marie" and that is what I put on her license plate.
Friday morning we headed down to Avondale to spend spring break with my family and Dayson. My sister Becky was in town from Idaho with her family. She has 2 1/2 year old twins. Jagger & Jersy. Aarron hasn't played with his cousins a whole lot because we moved and they also moved. But when Jagger and Aarron got together this weekend it was "Best Friends, Best Cousins". They did everything together: pull the cushions off the couch, run around grandma's house, scream, throw rocks in the grass and everything else little boys do.

My sister Rita and her family, who live in Eagar, came down for spring break also. While here in town they purchased some chicks to take back with them. The kids had fun playing with the chicks and watching them hop around the yard. Thanks uncle John for an early Easter surprise!




Saturday night my sisters and their husbands, Dayson and I, my older nieces and my nephew went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. We had so much fun. Kelly and Darin weren't able to join us because they went to the temple. My parents stayed home and watched all of our kids for us, including Kelly and Darin's. The total of grandkids at my mom's house that night were 28. Thanks mom and dad and great grandma Slade, you made our night very special. I definately needed that break.
Zach, Cammie, Christie, Macy

Andrea & David picked up the tab. "Wow, that was awesome"! We love you!

Rita & John

Becky & Jeremy

Me & Dayson
Sunday: We went to church at our old ward (Waddell Ward). It was so much fun to see everyone.
Monday: I had a doctor appointment. (NO, I'm not pregnant.) My sisters and I took the kids to the park.
Tuesday: I went with my sister Becky to Scottsdale to record a session of her receiving botox for her website azbeauty.org. For anyone who hasn't been there yet, she has a lot of great articles and information on anti-aging. After Dayson got home from the academy we took the kids to the dollar store and while there we got a phone call from Subway saying we won DBack tickets from the drawing we entered on Saturday. Yeah!!
Wednesday: The kids and I went to Wal-Mart, than I drove them by my old house where I grew up and showed them the school I went to. There is a street about 3 blocks down from my old street called Mackenzie Drive. So I let MacKenzie get out and take a picture. This was kind of scary considering this part of town isn't the safest anymore. We than went to Cabella's and looked around at all the animals. We headed over to Waddell to visit some old friends and look at our old house. The people who bought it are taking really good care of it. They definately have kids and they even painted the house. We also stopped at the feed store to get a soda and candy for old time sakes. I talk to the owner for a little bit, he was happy to see us, and we were happy to see him. That night after Dayson got home from the academy we went to our friends, the Bezerra's, and had pizza with them and played at the park across the street from their house in Verrado. We miss them very much. They have six kids the same ages as ours. They are from Brasil and speak portuguese. Dayson loves being able to use his portuguese when he's around them. It puts a smile on his face and he doesn't even know it. It's so cute to watch him.

Thursday: I was up all night (Wed. night) with Aarron and Adam who both have croop or crupe. Anyways, they have been sick all day so I didn't do anything today. This was the day Dayson had to be sprayed with pepper spray at the academy. I didn't know what to expect so I had his bedroom ready for him to go in and relax. To his surprise and mine it didn't effect him real bad so he was actually in a good mood when he got home. He was glad to just get that over with. Today was also my little sisters birthday, Jamie. Happy Birthday! I wish you were here with us.
Friday (Today): I was up again all night with the babies and they aren't doing any better. My sister Andrea who is a nurse gave me an inhaler with some albuterol for the boys and that will help until I get home and can give it to them in the form of a breathing treatment. We are leaving today at 2:00 pm, as soon as Dayson gets done at the academy. I can't wait to get home and get ready for the new school week. Rita said it has been sooo windy, ugh, and it snowed yesterday.
This past week has been exactly what I needed. A break from school, sports, and being husbandless. It was so nice for Dayson to come home to us evernight and being able to fall asleep next to him. I was definately less stressed and enjoyed spending time with my kids. I also have to say I am so impressed with my grandma Slade (my mom's mom). She lives with my parents and she helped me everyday with the kids and fixing breakfast, lunch & dinner. On top of that she does all of her church callings, excercises, and cleans the house. Oh yeah, and she loves to do canning, she's also a pro at recycling. She never slows down. My grandma is awesome, she even went to go get a pedicure yesterday. I love her very much and hope to accomplish as much as she has in my lifetime. Well it's almost time for us to go back home so I better finish getting ready.

7 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great week and the good news is you've come so far husbandless and you only have a little over a month left. Let us know if we can do anything for you.
oh the good old days in that lovley neighborHOOD. It was so much fun growing up over by you guys. How fun for all the cousin to get together and all the sisters and hubbies a night out.
Well lets just say that I wasnt going to comment because I was mad looking at those pictures of my sisters hanging out together, while I am stuck here in this cold state. I was mad but I am glad that you got a break from everyday life and that you got to be with your husband. But just know that I dont like to see family pictures that I am not in. Love you!!! Oh well I guess you redeemed yourself by giving me a birthday shout out on here!!!!!
Wow, I'm exhausted just reading about all your adventures!! No wonder you are so skinny :) Glad you guys had a fun Spring Break, what better way than making memories with the family and with your kids...that is the best! I am so proud of you and how you are handling the Academy thing and Dayson being gone, that would be so hard!! I can't even imagine Daren being gone day after day, they do so much by just BEING there. Have a great weekend! :)
So fun. Cute pics! Missed you at church!
Wow! Busy week! Way to go Clayton and Carson on your basketball games!
I am so glad that you were able to spend your springbreak together as a family! That is the best! How fun to go to dinner with all of your family! Kim you need to spry on a tan to match Dayson! lol
All of the little chicks ar adorable how fun for the kids!
Kim- you are the bomb at blogging! I am going back to work at West Valley Hospital... Dang can't even believe how crazy it would be to have 7 kids... I can barely get everything done with one!
Post a Comment