Monday, April 6, 2009

Growing Up!

...even though my baby Adam doesn't walk yet he sure is growing up. He definately has his own personality and attitude. While the boys were sick I gave them breathing treatments. Adam became a pro at it and decided he was big enough to do it on his own.



He also loves to play Playstation with his older brothers. As long as he has a controller to hold he won't throw a fit. He thinks he can do whatever the big boys do. What a stinker!



Clayton had his first track meet on Thursday the 2nd. He did such a good job for his first time competing. He came in last in the 200. Now that the nerves of a first time race are over I'm sure he'll do a lot better in his next race.

Where's Clayton? Can you find Clayton in this crowd of kids?

Hint: Our school colors are black & gold.



I really enjoyed watching general conference this weekend. I especially liked Jeffrey R. Holland's talk in the morning session on Sunday. His interpretation on Christ's last moments on Earth really gave me a better understanding of the Atonement. How lucky are we to have prophets, seers and revelators on Earth with us in these last days to help us in our trials, especially raising our children. I already can't wait until next conference. Inbetween sessions on Sunday our family went for a picnic near Alpine/Nutrioso. This is just one of the perks of living in the White Mountains, your only 15 minutes from beautiful wilderness. We had made sandwiches with some treats on the side. All of the kids brought a gun (of course). The boys went on a hunting spree for birds. They weren't very succesful. They complained about having to leave so soon, but I explained to them that we needed to get back and watch conference. They weren't to thrilled.


Carson

Clayton

Aarron

Adam (goofy the II)

Daycee


Crazy Marie

Dad is taking a nap, of course!

The whole Merrill gang with their guns!

(I must have forgot to take a picture of Harly by herself.)

Dayson is 13 weeks down and 5 to GO!! I can't believe how time has flown. I know it hasn't for Dayson. We can't wait for this weekend. Dayson will be home Thursday night. We get to spend three days with him instead of two!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

It has been several months since we've gotten to go up on the mountain for a picnic... it looks like so much fun! Let us know if you guys need any help this weekend! I'd be happy to watch kids if you need me too!

Kristie said...

I was just wondering if little Adam had started walking yet. Keep him a baby as long as possible! Looks like there was some snow still on the ground- and look at all those kids- Fun!

Steven & DeLona said...

Your kids are all so cute!
Sorry to hear they got that nasty croup cough. Maddy had bronchitis and pnemonia and She had to do the breathing treatments too. No fun.
Clayton I am so proud of you ofr running track. Are you doing any of the field events? Cole is running track too. He does the long jump along with 3 running events. It is so much fun to watch! Good luck on you next meet!