Saturday, September 18, 2010

Babysitting??


Okay, here's the situation....


My two bestfriends and I plan a Saturday of mom fun. We signed up to clean the Temple after doing the 5:00 session. Our husbands were all busy with different things; racing, work and branding. This was the perfect opportunity for us to have girl time. Mandy and I divided our kids up at both our houses. The girls went to her house with her two daughters and her oldest son went to my house with the boys. We leave Round Valley at 2:00 pm and meet up with Ginger so we could carpool to Snowflake. We first decided to eat at "Eva's" before our session. That was fun and fast. Than decided to do some shopping at Dollar General (I know what your thinking "big spenders") Ginger didn't bring a change of clothes for our after Temple happenings so she bought a pair of jeans...which looked really cute by the way! Anyways, we get to the Temple and are feeling really good and someone informs us that we are attending the Spanish speaking session. That was very interesting but kind of cool too. So afterwards we clean and get done and than we're off to the races...literally. Mandy's husband Richie was racing at the Thunder raceway in Show Low. We made it in time for the last two races. His car breaks down and he can't finish the race...bummer:( We stop at Maverick for ice cream than head home. In the mean time our girls who were supposed to be at Mandy's house ended walking to their grandma's because they were telling scary stories and got scared...so much for babysitting. Dayson actually had to pick MacKenzie up and take her home to the boys. When I got home at 10:30 pm Clayton was still awake wimpering. I asked what was the matter and he said he crashed on his new bike. Let me back up just a little bit. The plan for dinner was Clayton and Keenan were going to ride their bikes to McDonald's to get food for everyone while Carson stayed back home to watch Aarron and Adam. Come to find out Dayson gets a call from dispatch saying an officer from Eagar police is at McDonalds and their's a little boy on his bike that looks like Dayson's kid. So Dayson rushes to McDonald's and sure enough Aarron had followed Clayton and Keenan all the way to McDonald's on his bike. Dayson asked him how he found his way and he said he just followed the big M sign. Clayton, Keenan and Carson had no clue he had even gone....so much for babysitting! I haven't gotten any details from Aarron yet because he was asleep when I got home but Carson and Clayton are grounded from TV and Playstation for a whole week because I'm sure that was their priority instead of watching their little brothers. I am so grateful nothing happended to Aarron and that he is safe and sound at home. I'm also grateful Dayson never told me the story until I got home because I would have been FREAKING OUT!
The picture above is Kim, Ginger and Mandy at the race track while our kids are a mess at home!

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh my! Yesterday was a day full of "what the hecks" all over the place! I'm so glad Aarron is ok... I'm glad Dayson didn't tell you till we got back too! I'm glad we went though... it was so fun! Love ya lots!

Kelly Inman said...

Aarron is a crazy kid! It sounds like you had alot of fun though! I'm glad everybody survived!

robinsons said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! This is the funniest, scariest story ever. Thank goodness you live in a small town. Love ya guys and miss you

Kristie said...

Fun for you. And little Aarron I guess just has no fear and likes to venture out on his own. Scary!

Mandy said...

HAHAHAHA!! Thats what happens when moms are gone:) We enjoyed it while it lasted though! We'll try again, but next time they can all have a grown up babysitter:)

Amy merrill said...

What a night! I giggled through the whole thing. Maybe because I love that you have just as crazy times as I do. Don't give up on girl time I have no doubt angels surround your babies when you are off doing such good things with your time.love you tons.