Sunday, October 17, 2010

Field Trips and Homecoming

This time of year the weather is still nice but winter is right around the corner. MacKenzie and Daycee both had field trips. Daycee went to the pumpkin patch in Snowflake and picked out her very own pumpkin. MacKenzie went on a nature hike in Greer and it was a cold, windy afternoon. I was able to go with MacKenzie on her field trip and we had a lot of fun.





Daycee was so proud of her pumpkin...I just wished I could have been there with her but I had a meeting in Flagstaff for NACDAB (Head Start).


That same week was Homecoming. It's kind of a big deal here in Round Valley. All week long is spirit week where the kids dress up in different ways. And there's a parade on Friday before the game. All the school's get out early and everyone in town watch the floats as the travel down Main St. in both Eagar and Springerville. Ever since 4th of July Adam is afraid of parades and all the floats. He won't sit by us and want's to get back in the car. So our friends who were next to us allowed him to hide in the back of their truck. That was a safe place for him and he could kind of enjoy the parade from there. He is such a funny kid!



Harly was asked to be on the Intermediate School float. The theme was "Hollywood Walk of Fame". So they had to dress up as movie stars! Can you guess which one is Harly?


We bought her a wig and she wore my sunglasses...she looked so cute! She was born to be a DIVA!


Some of our Trek kids were in the parade and I tried to take pictures of all of them. This is Callin with a friend. He is the student body president for the High School. The other pics didn't turn out as good of the other kids.



This is my nephew Rulon. He was nominated for Homecoming King!


Finally the big game! First the pre-game show. Our trek daughter Kylie is in the front row next to the boy. She did a really good job.



The players running out onto the field. My camera is really bad lately and the pics aren't very good.



Our team won 50 something to 0. It was a really boring game because we played Alchesay and they are never good.


Homecoming Royalty was announced. The winner for King was a special needs kid. He was so excited to win King. My nephew Rulon came in 2nd place. These are really good kids!


Rulon with his friend Taylor


I love the spirit of Homecoming and can't wait for Clayton, Carson and Harly to be apart of it. Than it won't be long for Daycee, Kenzie, Aarron and Adam to be there together!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Even as an adult I still love Homecoming week! It is so much fun. I can't believe how fun it is having teenagers of my own, too. Thanks for posting... I didn't get to go to the parade because I couldn't leave work!