Monday, October 4, 2010

Summer Ends and Fall Begins!

Now that the first quarter of school has gone by, the weather has started to cool down and the leaves are slowly falling. I think today was the first day in a long time that the high didn't get over 68 degrees. Winter is coming and there's nothing we can do about it. I'm gonna miss the beautiful summer days. After watching conference all weekend long, the kids were ready for an outdoor activity. They asked if they could roast marshmallows. It was a perfect evening for it. The sun was going down and it started cooling off. The fire got started by our two Boy Scouts and the girls sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" as the little boys roasted their marshmallows. Dayson had to work and stopped by for a little bit to witness this happy family gathering. I sat on the back porch while my house sat quietly and clean inside. It was the end to a perfect Sunday. It doesn't happen often in our house, and so I want to remember this memory forever.

As the sun went down Aarron and Adam decided they needed to put clothes on.
Clayton getting the fire started and Aarron is ready to roast.





Burnt and yummy! Just the way I like it!













6 comments:

Ginger said...

How fun! I love those kinds of days! Kaeli is looking at this with me and she says, "her boys are always naked"! lol I think they are too! ha ha ha

robinsons said...

Kim I was just going to say that too. Your two youngest are always naked. Oh well they are just too cute. Miss you guys

Kimberly said...

I know my little boys are always naked...that's exactly how Clayton and Carson were. Oh well, I figure it's less laundry I have to do:)

~Merrill ~Millennial Preschool said...

LOL, I have pictures of Clayton and Carson naked at my wedding. I love it! I think the football picture is too cute! What a beautiful evening with your family.

Kimberly said...

Oh yeah...I remember there was a lady at your reception who got mad because the boys shirts were off...Good Times!

Kristie said...

How fun. Don't you just love those times. :)