Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whose Church Calling Is It Anyways?

Dayson has been gone hunting since Monday morning at 3:00 am. He said he would probably be back home late Monday night. Of course I know he really isn't going to be home if the boys haven't tagged a deer yet. Okay fine, but he should be home Tuesday night, right. Wrong! So Wednesday morning is here and I have to re-schedule jobs and deal with everything myself. Not a problem, I'm used to this kind of thing anyways. Than I get a phone call reminding Dayson that he is in charge of the combined stake activity for the Varsity Scouts (14 & 15 year olds). Dayson is nowhere in sight and I can't even get a hold of him on his phone. So I call the scout leader back and tell him I will take care of the activity myself. I come up with some corny balloon games and an arm wrestling contest in about 30 seconds and we're ready to go. I was the only girl with about 20 young men and 10 adult men leaders. It was a lot of fun. I think the boys had a really good time, even if it seemed a little childish. They were very kind and good sports. There is something about the youth that I just love being around them. What a great opportunity for me. But I have to act like it was the hardest thing in the world so I can use it against Dayson in the future!!

I love my husband and I would do anything for him, even if that means doing his calling for him! I just wished I had a picture for proof that it really happened.

4 comments:

Lori said...

What a good wife and mother you are! It sounds like fun...you know even if it was "secretly" those boys (and men) were having a good time. I hope Dayson and the boys get home soon!

Ginger said...

I'm never going to let him live it down! ha ha ha!

robinsons said...

Kim you are the best!!!!!

Gary & Sharlene Merrill said...

wow Kim you are the best.....sure enjoyed your children and husband hunting.....Harly is such a good girl.....she took good care of Aarron when she needed too. He was such a good boy.

Love you all....grandma Merrill