Sunday, November 7, 2010

Carson Turns 12

The morning of Carson's birthday I was in Flagstaff for a Board Meeting. Dayson was in charge of being the "birthday fairy". He did a really good job at decorating the house, wrapping presents and taking these pictures for me.




Later that night when I got home, we took Carson to his first combined mutual activity. Dayson was in charge and did a scavenger hunt with the youth. He also baked 80 cupcakes for the dessert. He was "superdad" for the day! After we got home we sang to Carson and he opened a few more presents.




On Sunday Carson received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained to the office of a Deacon.

Grandma and Grandpa Wellman came from Avondale.


Back Row: Jon, Clayton, Carson, Austin, Harly and Caroline
Front Row: Kalicia, Charlotte, MacKenzie, Aarron and Daycee
(Adam wanted nothing to do with this picture)
Grandma and Grandpa Merrill came from Mesa and Aunt Anna and Uncle Loren came from Snowflake. It was a lot of fun to have extended family there with us.


After church we sang "Happy Birthday" to Carson and he got to eat his favorite chocolate cake.







We haven't given Carson his "big" present yet. Wal-Mart and Western Drug were both out of the 22's. So I'll have to get one in Flagstaff when I go back on Tuesday. Carson is patiently waiting for his gun to arrive!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

It was a good thing you had so much family at church yesterday... there wasn't very people there yesterday! It looks like Carson got lots of sugar to keep him happy for a while! I love the picture of Dayson on his knees with the kids... so cute! You guys are so lucky to have such a great family!

Amy merrill said...

Carson we are so proud of you for excepting the gift of the preisthood. You will learn to serve well we have no doubts! and Happy Birthday! Wow time flies I remember when you were born. Hope to see you soon. Maybe after thanksgiving during Rustins elk hunt in Alpine.

Kristie said...

Happy birthday Carson. And congrats on receiving the priesthood. That is so exciting. You are growing up so fast. Glad you had a great birthday. :)