Saturday, December 18, 2010

Mommy Time

Last week I had the opportunity to go to Virginia Beach, VA for a Head Start parent conference. I was gone for seven days. That was the most I had ever been away from my family.
Before I left MacKenzie and Daycee made me this special lunch. It was so cute and they were so excited to give it to me.


I flew out of Phoenix and on my way to Virginia we flew over Round Valley. The big black spot on the middle left is the wildfire burn from about a month ago and you can see a little part of Springerville at the bottom. I wasn't able to get a picture of the dome because we were directly over it, but it was really cool to see your town from above.

Our hotel was right on the beach and this was the view from our room.

At night the Boardwalk was decorated with Christmas lights and they allowed cars to drive down to see all the lights. It was really neat and it went at least a mile long. This is the only time they allow cars to be on the boardwalk.




Dayson did such a good job at holding down the fort. He was able to manage taking the kids to school, practices, church, plus he worked for the sheriff's office and did some windshields. He also had to attend Daycee's Christmas program while I was gone. When I got home he had cleaned the bathrooms, the refrigerator, the microwave and had all the laundry washed, dryed, folded and put away. He is an amazing father and husband and I love him very much.

2 comments:

Kelly Inman said...

How fun for you!! Too bad I wasn't with you:(

Ginger said...

I'm so glad you got to go. What a gorgeous view you had. I love all the lights!

I love the little lunch and note the girls made you. That is so sweet!