Over Chirstmas break we had a Trek Family Christmas party. Most of the kids were able to attend. We had bisquits and gravy and played the white elephant gift exchange. We also watched the video I made and I gave a copy to each of the kids for Christmas. Dayson and Ryan played the guitar and everyone hung around to visit. It was a fun evening and it had been a while since we did something as a family.
Christmas Eve we had our traditional "open one present from mom and dad" and it's always a pair of pajamas. I've enjoyed this tradition since I was a little girl and have carried it on with my family. This year the boys got matching super hero's. Clayton and Adam were Batman and Carson and Aarron were Superman. I tried to do matching for the girls but they didn't have a "Hello Kitty" in Daycee's size so she had to get Disney. This is the first step to Santa Clause coming so the kids get very excited and can't wait to shower and put on their new pajamas.
After getting our pajamas on we headed over to Aunt Becky and Uncle Jeremy's house. There was a nice buffet of finger foods and the kids performed the Nativity for us all.
Daycee was the Shepard, Harly was Mary, Carson was Joseph (he didn't want to be a part of it, but noone else was available so he did it for me); Aarron, Jagger and Adam were the 3 Wiseman; and MacKenzie and Jersy were the Angels. Everyone played their part very well and it was really cute.
We finally made it home so everyone can go to sleep before Santa came. All of the kids slept in the same bedroom. Another tradition of mine when I was a little girl.
Adam didn't have a nap all day and crashed as soon as we got home.
Christmas morning: Everyone enjoying their new gifts.
Harly was excited for Clayton to open the present she got him.
The "superhero's" playing Wii
The week after Christmas we went to the valley to visit the Merrill's and Wellman's. While we were gone there was a bad snow storm at home. We even had to stay and extra day with Adam and Kristie. That was a lot of fun and our kids had a really good time.
We came home to lots of snow in our yard. New Year's Day MacKenzie and Aarron decided to make snowman out back.
2 comments:
It looks like Christmas was fun at your house! I think Aarron likes to have naked pictures taken. I am laughing out loud. Again. Thanks for always making me laugh. Love ya!
I wish we could have spent the holidays together! I miss our Christmas Eve's together:(
Post a Comment