Thursday, January 13, 2011

Flagstaff with Mom

For the last 2 1/2 years I have been going to Flagstaff for Head Start. I have been on the NACDAB (Northern Arizona Child Developement Administering Board) Governing Board. This year I was elected the Chairperson. This means that I run the meetings...I even get to use a gavel. I got special permission to bring my older boys to watch the meeting. Because they are Boy Scouts and earn many different badges, I'm always looking for ways to help them out. Clayton and Carson have been working on their "Citizenship in the Community". They only requirement left was to witness a school board meeting. So what better way than to go with mom to Flagstaff. They have been looking forward to this trip. I get to go the night before and stay in a hotel. This part they were excited about the most. A few days before the meeting we learned that Clayton would have his first basketball game in St. John's. So I let him choose, Flagstaff or Basketball...of course he chose basketball. So just Carson went with me. It was fun to have him be there and get to see what I've been doing in Flagstaff for the last 2 1/2 years. This was a fun experience we will never forget. This is a picture of the NACDAB members. I am at the head of the table with my vice chairperson and secretary.
Everyone at the meeting was excited to see Carson and to know that he is working hard at Boy Scouts. Thanks Carson for coming with me and making my time away from home a lot more enjoyable!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

That's awesome - you look so cute with Carson in his uniform! You even have your own nameplate thingy! :)

Kristie said...

How fun for you guys. Good job Carson- Dallin is just finishing up that same merit badge right now too. :)

Mandy said...

Looks like fun! Good job!