Last Friday I was out of diapers and didn't want to purchase anymore ever again...so I decided it was time to do the dreaded "potty train". I had a feeling Adam was ready when he brought me a diaper and wipes and said "I poopy" and there was nothing in his diaper. So I put him on the toilet and of course he freaked out and cried that it was too scary. I bribed him with m&m's, toys and whatever else I could think of. He never went and so we went to Alco to get him some new undies and he was so proud of them. We were on our way to the Dome to watch the wrestling matches and he had to carry his underwear everywhere he went and show them to everyone. He even had to pat his front bottom to let everyone know he was wearing underwear. But he was still afraid of the toilet. While at the dome I could tell he had to go pee, so we rushed down the stairs and into the bathroom. Of course he cried and didn't want to do it, but I wouldn't get him down and he couldn't hold it in any longer and out came the pee. He was so proud of himself and he has done so good ever since. Since Sunday he hasn't had any accidents and tells me everytime he has to go. Yeah!
I can't believe I am finally done with diapers. After 13 years of changing diapers I figured that on average I have changed 38,325 diapers. That is 5,475 diapers per kid for the three years each. That is about $16,000 in diapers , that I have spent over the last 13 years. That's a lot of money to just throw away in the trash.
Adam made up his own gang sign and wanted to do it for the picture. He thinks he is so cool now that he wears underwear!
3 comments:
His gang sign is so funny! I can't believe is potty trained so fast! I guess he has plenty of people to watch... Clayton, Carson, Aaron. You deserve to have any easy one after 6 other ones before him though. Hooray for no more diapers!
YEAH!!! I was kind of sad when Tate potty trained. I know it's so silly, but still....That's funny that he has gang signs. When ever Jaren leaves he does I luv u in sign, and so when Tate does it, it looks like he's throwing up gang signs. I love these little kids!!!
Good job Adam- and Kim!! They always look so cute when they go from diapers to underwear. Is that so crazy that you are all out of diapers forever??
Post a Comment