Thursday, June 9, 2011

*OFFICIALLY EVACUATED*

After dealing with the smoke for over a week, the kids and I packed up and went to Phoenix. The evacuations started with anyone living south of the 260 in Eagar and that meant 4 out of 9 ladies that I work with in the bank are homeless. The bank closed both branches so I had no other reason to stay behind. I had been working for the last week and a half and the kids were going crazy inside the house. They couldn't play outside because the smoke was so bad and we couldn't open our windows to let the cool air in. Our house was so hot and smoky that we needed to leave. The sherrif's office had come by the night before to warn us of our evacuation and gave us instructions on what to do when we leave.




The first yellow tape is to let law inforcement know we had been notified. The second tape we put up is to let them know we have left.

The white flag on the door is to let law enforcement know that our home is vacant.


Now that we are double taped and white flagged, we are on our way. As I was taking these pictures ash was falling all around. It was all over our sidewalks.


And this was the orange glow from our backyard. The fire was just behind flat top and moving fast.



This was our view as we were driving out of town. I just had to pull over because I knew we would never see this again. It was so overwhelming to know that it was moving straight for your town.


It breaks my heart to know that all of our beautiful country is destroyed. Our view of the white mountains will never be the same.




To help us cheer up we decided to stay at the Wigwam Resort in Litchfield Park. My two other sisters and their families are already staying here so now my kids can be with their cousins. They are having a blast, given they've been evacuated from their homes. Our hotel has a pool with a water slide and fountain area. It's perfect for everyone.








This will be a memory the kids will never forget!


3 comments:

Ginger said...

That's for sure! I love your pictures. I'm glad you didn't come home... that pool looks so much more fun! Enjoy your time with your sisters. Love ya!

Merrill Family said...

Glad you guys got out of that horrible smoke. We've been watching it fill the skies east and thinking about you guys. Delv has been going over there and said Dayson is doing a great job. Hope it all ends soon. If you need anything let us know!

Kristie said...

Those pictures are crazy!! Glad you are safe and able to make the best of the situation. Let us know if you need anything.