On Friday August 31st, I went to dinner in Phoenix to celebrate my Grandma Slade's 83rd birthday.
She is an amazing lady. She is the mother of 9 children and a lot of grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I don't remember the numbers! But she could tell you how many!
She really liked the card I got her!
Those who came to celebrate were my mom and dad, Jamie and her kids, and Andrea and her kids.
Zack, Nash, Courtney, Jenna
Ryder
The next day my parents and I flew to Boise Idaho to attend the baptism of my nephew Gunner Inman.
Kelly and Darin's family
Grandma and Grandpa Wellman with Kelly, Darin and Gunner
My niece Christie and her new husband Trevor live in Logan, Utah and made the 5 hour drive to Emmett.
I am so glad I had the opportunity to go to Idaho and spend time with Kelly and her family.
Christie and Trevor went home Sunday afternoon. My mom and dad went home Monday afternoon. I was lucky and got to stay the whole week with Kelly. We went to volleyball games and practices. We went to soccer practices. We went to a stake family dinner. We went shopping and went to BSU!
This is Rylee in her volleyball game.
Boise State University is famous for it's blue and orange football field. I couldn't get up in the stands to take a picture of the whole field, but we did get really close to the turf. We even ate on campus at Chick fil A! It was a really neat campus and made me want to be a college student!
On my last night there, my nieces and I had a late night slumber party. We had a fun time watching Taylor Swift videos on Youtube!
Tatum, Deanna, Rylee
Kelly and Darin drove my to Idaho Falls where we met up with Ginger. She dropped her daughter off at BYU Idaho. She was my ride home!
On our way to Salt Lake we passed by Brigham City where the new temple was built. We wanted some pictures so we stopped. As we got out of our car a temple worker approached us and asked if we wanted to attend the open house tour that was going on that day. We hesitated because of the way we were dressed and didn't know if we would have time. But he assured us that it was okay if we had jeans and flip flops on...we could still go in! It just feels weird going into The House of God with street attire on. But I am so glad we did. It was a gorgeous temple inside and out.
We stayed in Salt Lake that night and went to dinner at Temple Square. Two beautiful temples in one day! I felt very privileged.
Ginger and I drove the rest of the way home on Saturday. After being gone for 8 days I was ready to be home with my kids and Dayson. I was even excited to do laundry and wash dishes and do mom stuff again! Dayson took care of everything while I was gone. He is such an awesome Dad and husband!


4 comments:
So glad you got to go...looks like you had fun. :)
It was so fun to have you ride home with me! I know it was a huge sacrifice for your family to have you gone so long, but I appreciate it so much! I owe them something special for letting you come home with me! I love you more than ever. Thanks for being such a great friend!
I'm so glad you came Kim! We had so much fun! Thanks for the pics!
Okay Dad did not do ALL the work I did 99 percent and he did 1 percent due to working so I would like some credit.
P.S. I cried probably every night due to sassy kids and older brothers
Post a Comment