Monday, February 23, 2009

7 Weeks Down & 11 To GO!!

I have spring fever. I need to clean out closets and organize rooms. My house is so messy and cluttery, I'm going nuts! It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I hate this house. The carpet is ugly, I have no dishwasher, the toilets leak, there is no garage to park in when it's really cold or windy and did I mention the carpet is super ugly. I have been looking for a new house but our lease isn't up until May. I know I should have patience but I'm going crazy in this house. If only I had new carpet maybe I wouldn't be such a grumpy mom all of the time. My kids probably hate me by now and I know my feelings are pretty mutual. It's not that I hate my kids but sometimes I wish I could just leave. I'm not talking about forever. I just want to go somewhere without seven kids. I know what your thinking, "why did you have so many kids?" I ask that question every day. I can't change it, so I'm just complaining. I know things will be different when Dayson is done with the academy. But for now I'll just be grumpy. I was going to take pictures of how messy my house was last week but I didn't want anyone to call CPS on me. Okay now that all of my frustrations are out, I better clean my house, AGAIN.


yours truly,

Kim the complainer

8 comments:

Merrill Family said...

Don't get too down on yourself, you are doing the near impossible. I cannot imagine living without my husband for 18 weeks, living in a rental (those are never great) and try to balance 7 kids. You are completely entitled to complain. Just know I think you are AMAZING!
Call me if you need to vent:)
Lori

Lori said...

That sucks!!!! I'm just say'n!

Sorry girl. If it makes you feel any better I only have 3 kids, and I can't keep a clean house. Plus I hate my carpet too. Maybe if I spent less time blogging, and more time cleaning it wouldn't be so messy. Nahhhh, that's no fun, right?

Charlene said...

We are all definitely entitled to those feelings :) Believe me we all think it! I admire you for keeping it all together, while Dayson is gone. As far as a clean house, it seems the more I work the more mess there is in my house and I only have five :)

Mandy said...

Call me on those bad days! Chances are I'm having one too! And make sure you find a house in our ward girl. I will be sad if you move out! We are definitely going out soon!

ps you are an awesome mom. no matter what we don't see behind closed doors. it's a tough job!

robinsons said...

Kim we love you!!!! I really feel bad for complaining since I only have one child. But you are a great mom, wife and sister. You are truely a role model to me. But I would have say I don't know how you and mom had 7 kids. I would have to say I will not be following your footsteps. Love ya though!!!!

~Merrill ~Millennial Preschool said...

All I can say is you're amazing! I saw your house and you are exagerating, it's not even bad as you think, plus you are a great decorator, so that stands out above all!

Amy merrill said...

Kim your so full of it you know you just love cleaning that house and wiping all those kids noses. Where would you be without them and nothing to do u would probably fill your time with meaningless self obsorbing activities, like pedicures and shopping, and reading, and exercising and regular nail app. or girly outings. Why would you want to do that!I love you, your the best.

Ginger said...

You are one of the best moms I've ever seen! As far as I'm concerned you are my hero! I deleted your comment off my FB cause I didn't know if you wanted everyone to have your blog address... I know I don't! I really need to come grab you one night and get you out of the house... I'll bring Kaeli to babysit if you want her!