Thursday, October 20, 2011

Last Trip To Flagstaff

 My three year term as a NACDAB Representative has finally expired. This last year I was the Chairperson and had some really great opportunities to travel around the country. During this two day conference I gave an opening speech to the parents to welcome them to the Policy Council. And today I had to turn my seat over to a new Chairperson. It has been such a great experience for me and I have made some really good friends. The NACOG Staff have been amazing and I am really going to miss them.

This is Jesse, he is the Head Start Director for all of Northern Arizona. We were having one last conversation before I said goodbye.


This is Dennis, he was my alternate for the last two years. We have had some really good times driving back and forth from Flagstaff. He is now one of my greatest friends. He is no longer part of the policy council either because he has no more children in Head Start.

Left to Right:
Jesse, Piper, Me, Seobaghn, Shirley and Kathy (Mark who is not pictured is also a staff member)

I was awarded this really nice plaque. And they gave me the gavel and mallet I used all year long.

I also presented them with a picture I made for their central office. It has our theme for the year and the Head Start Mission statement.
It's been a great experience and I will miss it very much!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm sure you will be missed too. I don't know how you fit that in your busy life...you are amazing. :)

Ginger said...

I'm sure they are going to miss you... You are one of a kind! I think your kids will be glad you are finished though! :)